Saturday, February 04, 2006

Brian burns(ed)

It was the 'morning after the night before'...... and I knew it !! Thanks a heap, Rabbie Burns!!! I must remember next year to stay away from that bottle of Whisky!!! More anon, but I am able to report that body and brain are reasonably synchronized again and recovery is in progress now !!

We had 19 dogs start and complete a round of Kurmitola although for at least one dog, it was a struggle... poor me !! As an indication of the lack of 'focus' on my part I actually had an airshot on my drive at the 6th !!! It is many years since I had an air shot !!! Anyway, after all this you would fully expect me to tell you that I was hugging the Dog doodoooooo Trophy last night but no....... that honour went to another chap who I am sure played marginally worse just to save me total ignominy and humiliation. Thank you Brian, for your consideration and kindness. Brian is at the tail end (notice how nice I am being !!) with 15 points. Steve, a visitor had 18 points and so did I !! However, Steve did get closest to the pin on the 6th so some consolation!
And now to the other end..... in 3rd place was Ian (Kim's Dad!!) playing with Kim's clubs with 33 points... must be something to do with those clubs!!! In 2nd place we had Philippe on 34 points and Leader of the Pack again is Gus with 35 points..... he obviously doesn't learn so we will have chop him severely again as we will Philippe. Well done Chaps. On behalf of OK, I apologise for the Lack of Trophy, Gus, but she is suffering memory loss.... it happens in old age, apparently!!

I would like to wish Bill Collis a speedy recovery.... he has broken a digit playing a game of rounders (or as the Americans call it 'softball'.... the ball isn't so soft, Bill !!) so will be out of action for a few weeks.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home