Monday, July 03, 2006

Is I us?

It was a sunny Saturday morning on the first hole at Kurmitola and I was beginning my pre-shot routine, visualising my upcoming shot, when a piercing voice came over the clubhouse loudspeaker. "Would the gentleman on the women's tee back up to the men's tee please!"

I could feel every eye on the course looking at me. I was still deep in my routine, seemingly impervious to the interruption. Again the announcement, "Would that MAN on the WOMEN'S tee kindly back up to the MEN'S tee."

I simply ignored the announcement and kept concentrating, when once more, the man yelled: "Would the MAN on the WOMEN'S tee back up to the MEN'S tee, PLEASE!"

Finally, I stopped, turned and looked through the clubhouse window directly at the person with the mike. I cupped my hands and shouted back, "Would the prick in the clubhouse kindly shut the f*** up and let me play my second shot?"

Thanks, Philippe, for this wonderful description of how rewarding golf can be!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home